- Richard Colchester launched his exhibition with artist Priya Odedra, as a part of the SURGE SciArt project at WEISS. The exhibition can be viewed here until December 2021 and their interactive experience can be found here.
- Sacha Noimark and Richard Colchester presented at Ultrasonics 2021
- Adrien Desjardins gave an invited paper at OSA Biophotonics Congress: Optics in the Life Sciences 2021 (16 April 2021)
- Richard Colchester is a University College London's British Science Association Media Fellows at WIRED UK and publishes a couple of articles: "Does Covid-killing UV tech work?" and "We asked coronavirus experts what summer 2021 will be like."
- Erwin Alles and Adrien Desjardins co-organise a symposium: Towards Clinical Translation of Optical Ultrasound (21 January 2021). We are grateful to speakers for a terrific set of talks. Thank you to WEISS for hosting and to Callum Little and Malcolm Finlay for co-Chairing the discussion section. Recordings of part of the talks can be found here.
- We have started an EDI (Equality, Diversity, Inclusion) channel in the group with rotating leads for presentations at group meetings. Thank you to Sacha Noimark, Robert Stafford-Williams, and Jo Coote for generating a lot of momentum with this.
- Eleanor Mackle presents at the UCL WEISS symposium on Phantoms for Medical Research
- Callum Little and Adrien Desjardins present at the UCL WEISS co-investigator meeting
- Adrien Desjardins presented at the Graduate Seminar Series at Yonsei University
- Callum Little presented at TCT 2020 / Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2020
- Congratulations to Richard Caulfield for passing his PhD viva!
- Esra Aytac Kipergil and Erwin Alles presented at IEEE Ultrasonics 2020
- Sacha Noimark and Richard Colchester are Guest Editing a Methods Collection for JoVE, the Journal of Video Experiments. Their aim is to compile a research collection showcasing ways in which PDMS composites have been created for use in sensing and imaging in biomedical applications, to encourage cross-disciplinary use and future collaborations. Further details here. Please consider submitting an abstract!
- Richard Colchester was selected as one of University College London's British Science Association Media Fellows. Congratulations!
- Callum Little presented at the American College of Cardiology World Congress of Cardiology
- Efthymios Maneas presented at CARS 2020
- Congratulations to Radhika Poduval (former PhD student in the Interventional Devices Lab) for her Postdoctoral position at Harvard University
- Members of the Interventional Devices lab took part in two popular public engagement activities at the Science Museum: the Science Museum Lates and the Science Museum Half Term events.
- Congratulations to Eleanor Mackle and Liz Carr for placing in the top three of speakers (peer judging!) in the i4health upgrade day
- Congratulations to Erwin Alles for being promoted to Lecturer in Interventional and Surgical Sciences at WEISS!
- Esra Aytac Kipergil presented at the Departmental Forum
- Eleanor Mackle presented for a visiting group from EWHA Womans University (Prof Seokchang Ryu)
- Congratulations to Sacha Noimark and Richard Colchester for winning 'WEISS Early Career Researcher of the Year' at the WEISS winter awards 2019!
- Adrien Desjardins inspired to have won 'Most Likely to do a Second PhD' at the WEISS winter awards 2019
- Callum Little presented at the Vascular Societies' Annual Scientific Meeting (Manchester, UK).
- Malcolm Finlay and Adrien Desjardins present at the Institute for Healthcare Engineering (IHE) Autumn Sympsium
- Adrien Desjardins presents at the ICH - GOSH BRC Medical Devices Symposium
- Adrien Desjardins presents at EXCITE ETH Zurich Imaging: 2019 - Multi-Scale Optoacoustic Imaging
- Efthymios Maneas is a visiting scientist at Roberts Research Institute (London, Canada). Thank you to Terry Peters, John Moore, and Elvis Chen for hosting!
- Congratulations to Richard Colchester for being awarded an RAEng Research Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Sandy Mosse on his retirement!
- Malcolm Finlay, Richard Colchester, Ioannis Papakonstantinou, and Adrien Desjardins win the Innovators Award at the UCL Awards for Innovation and Enterprise 2019
- Richard Colchester and Elizabeth Carr present at the European Congress for Biomedical Optics 2019
- Jo Coote presents at the Conference for Laser and Electro-Optics Europe 2019 (CLEO) 2019
- Erwin Alles, Eleanor Mackle, and Adrien Desjardins give lectures for a UT Austin summer school course at UCL (course lead: James Tunnell). Thank you James for the invitation!
- Adrien Desjardins gives an invited talk at Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS) 2019
- Congratulations to Dr. Radhika Poduval for receiving her PhD!
- Callum Little and Adrien Desjardins present twice at the European Society for Vascular Surgery Spring Meeting
- The Interventional Devices Group presents at the WEISS Science of Surgery day. Kudos to Richard Colchester for leading wtih this.
- Congratulations to Esra Aytac Kipergil for winning best poster prize at the WEISS Academic Afternoon!
- Congratulations to Dr. Efthymios Maneas for receiving his PhD!
- Esra Aytac Kipergil, Erwin Alles, Sunish Mathews, Callum Little, Eleanor Mackle, and Nina Montana Brown presented at SPIE Photonics West (San Francisco, USA)
- Congratulations to Efthymios Maneas for winning third prize in the Biophotonics and Imaging Graduate Summer School 2018 poster competition
- Erwin Alles, Richard Colchester, and Tom Robbins present at IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium 2018 (Kobe, Japan)
- Congratulations to Efthymios Maneas for being awarded a Platform Grant from the Centre for Medical Image Computing (CMIC)
- Congratulations to Wenfeng Xia for his new position as a Lecturer at King's College London
- Congratulations to Yousuf Makki for winning a British Heart Foundation Travel Award for BioMedEng18
- Congratulations to Yousuf Makki for winning best presentation at the The Conference of Astronomy and Physics Students (Newcastle, UK)
- Congratulations to Sacha Noimark for winning an EPSRC-UKRI Innovation Fellowship
- Adrien Desjardins gives a keynote talk at the European Society for Vascular Surgery (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Adrien Desjardins gives a talk at the UCL Cardiovascular Symposium (London, UK)
- Callum Little presents a poster at Optics in Cardiology (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Jo Coote and Richard Caulfield present posters at Photonex London 2018: Advances in Biophotonics (UCL, London, UK)
- Efthymios Maneas and Richard Caulfield present posters at the UCL Elizabeth Garrett Anderson (EGA) Institute for Women's Health 13th Annual Conference (London, UK). Congratulations to Richard for winning second prize for his poster!
- Malcolm Finlay and Erwin Alles present a poster at the European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society (Paris, France)
- Congratulations to Elizabeth Carr for winning an Annual Scholarship from the Worshipful Company of Scientific Instrument Makers!
- Congratulations to Efthymios Maneas for winning Runner-up prize for best poster: Placenta Imaging Workshop at the Centre for Medical Image Computing (London, UK)!
- Adrien Desjardins presents at the Placenta Imaging Workshop at the Centre for Medical Image Computing (London, UK)
- Jo Coote, Sunish Mathews, Efthymios Maneas, Richard Colchester, and Adrien Desjardins present at SPIE Photonics West 2018 (San Francisco, USA)
- Sacha Noimark and Richard Colchester present at Optics + Ultrasound IV (Glasgow, UK)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at Optics + Ultrasound IV (Glasgow, UK)
- Adrien Desjardins attends EPSRC's Inaugural Healthcare Technologies Hive Event (Glasgow, UK)
- Wenfeng Xia and Adrien Desjardins present at MICCAI 2017 (Quebec City, Canada)
- Erwin Alles presents at the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (Washington D.C., USA)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at the 2nd Canterbury Conference on OCT (Canterbury, UK)
- Baroness Manningham-Buller visits our lab, with an optical ultrasound demo by Erwin Alles
- Congratulations to Richard Colchester for winning the 2017 Lombardi Prize for best PhD thesis in the Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering at UCL!
- Radhika Poduval presents at the European Conference on Biomedical Optics (Munich, Germany)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at CLEO: Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics 2017 (San Jose, USA)
- Sacha Noimark presents at 253rd American Chemical Society National Meeting (San Francisco, USA)
- Adrien Desjardins and Richard Colchester present at Optics in Cardiology 2017 (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Efthymios Maneas and Daniil Nikitichev present at the University of Cambridge
- Wenfeng Xia, Richard Colchester, and Efthymios Maneas present at SPIE Photonics West 2017 (San Francisco, USA)
- Congratulations to Richard Colchester for being awarded an EPSRC Doctoral Prize fellowship!
- Congratulations to Ragav Manimaran: selected as the Global Winner of the Undergraduate Awards in the Medical Sciences category for his research project on cardiac phantoms (co-supervised by Adrien Desjardins, Wenfeng Xia, and Malcolm Finlay, with support from Daniil Nikitichev and Efhymios Maneas)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at Optics + Ultrasound III (Nottingham)
- Congratulations to Richard Colchester for passing his his viva!
- Adrien Desjardins and Wenfeng Xia present (poster and oral) at MICCAI 2016 (Athens, Greece)
- Together with Paul Beard, Ben Cox, Wiendelt Steenbergen, and Burcin Unlu, Adrien Desjardins organised the first photoacoustic tutorial at MICCAI 2016
- Erwin Alles presents at IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium 2016 (Tours, France)
- Erwin Alles presents at The Young Researchers' Futures Meeting 2016
- Adrien Desjardins presents at the Hamlyn Symposium
- Adrien Desjardins presents at Oxford Photonics Day
- Congratulations to Richard Colchester for winning best presentation in the Cambridge-UCL Photonics Doctoral Training Programme
- Erwin Alles presents at Laser Ultrasonics (Linz, Austria)
- Congratulations to Sacha Noimark for being awarded a Ramsay Memorial Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Richard Colchester for winning best poster in the Cambridge-UCL Photonics Doctoral Training Programme!
- Wenfeng Xia and Adrien Desjardins present at Photonics West (San Francisco, USA)
- Sacha Noimark and Richard Colchester present at Materials Research Society (Boston, USA)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at UK-Japan Bioengineering Workshop (London, UK)
- Erwin Alles presents at IEEE Ultrasonics (Taipei, Taiwan)
- Wenfeng Xia presents at the European Conference for Biomedical Optics (Munich, Germany)
- Malcolm Finlay presents at Europace (Milan, Italy)
- Wenfeng Xia presents poster at MICCAI (Munich, Germany)
- Richard Colchester presents at Photonics West (San Francisco, USA)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at Surgical vision and Biophotonics: a meeting of the British Machine Vision Association (London, UK)
- Adrien Desjardins presents at the Franco-British Engineering Education workshop (London, UK)
- Jean-Martial Mari presents at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (Las Vegas, USA)
- Adrien Desjardins present at Photonics West 2014 (San Francisco, USA)